Why are oral cancer screenings so vital? As with most forms of cancer, early detection is the best treatment to ensure a successful recovery is possible. In America, there are over 40,000 people diagnosed with oral cancer every single year.
Listed below are some of the most commonly found links to oral cancer:
– Check for a persistent sore throat or the feeling of a lump in the back of your throat, as well as failures chewing, speaking, eating, and swallowing.
– Check for indications of numbness or loss of feeling in the head, face, and neck areas.
– Check for visible differences in your mouth, including eroded areas, patches, rough spots, lumps, and bumps, as well as for sores and lesions that do not heal after 2 weeks.
– Look for indications of unexplained bleeding that is not easily stopped.
– Speedy weight loss that is not easily explained could be a sign of cancer.
– Look for tarnished patches in your mouth, typically ones that are white and red.
If you would like to meet with Dr. Michael J Leahy and our team at Michael J Leahy DDS for an oral cancer screening, please call 614-848-4900 to schedule an appointment at our dentist office in Columbus, Ohio. Come on in to learn more about your options to craft a bright and healthy smile!